Pam Fox Rollin Principal & Executive Coach
Pam Fox Rollin coaches executives and teams to lead even more effectively at companies throughout the Bay Area and across the world.
Drawing on two decades experience in strategy consulting, management education, and leadership development, Pam is known as a valuable thought-partner to leaders in complex organizations
- Facilitates senior teams through strategic, leadership, and organizational change
- Coaches CXO and executive levels to deepen their leadership effectiveness
- Guides operating leaders and internal OD in designing and implementing programs that enable people at all levels to embrace culture and deliver strategic change
- Helps teams make the most of strengths and differences to achieve high performance
- Consults with boards, top teams, and business units to onboard new leaders successfully.
Pam’s IdeaShape clients include Autodesk, Citrix, eBay/PayPal, LinkedIn, Logitech, and Yahoo!; emerging companies including Annapurna Pictures, Delphix, DOMO, Engine Yard, Medallia, NerdWallet, and Platfora; and pharmaceuticals/biotech/medical devices including Abbott, Alexion, Genentech, McKesson, Onyx/Amgen, Stanford Health Care, and Zoll. Before founding IdeaShape in 1999, Pam guided executives of healthcare and financial companies through major strategic change with Accenture Strategic Services and Bain & Company; clients included C-level executives at United Health Group and Kaiser Permanente.
Pam earned an MBA from Stanford University’s Graduate School of Business where she later served for eight years as a Guest Fellow in Leadership, Leadership Instructor, and Master Coach. She has been Senior Facilitator for courses including the class alumni rate most valuable: Interpersonal Dynamics. She has served as a featured lecturer and coach for executive education at USF, UC Berkeley, and Wharton. Pam holds a Bachelor’s with Highest Honors in Organization Studies from University of California, Davis.
Pam is recognized internationally as an expert in using the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® with leaders and teams. She was the keynote speaker for the bi-annual conference of the Association for Psychological Type, the professional organization for the MBTI®. She is frequently invited to speak on her research leadership and type. Pam draws from a range of instruments and approaches to help leaders and teams become more effective.
With a deep commitment to community service, Pam has served on boards and led initiatives for Bay Area organizations in food banking, women’s health, and leadership development.
Pam’s book, 42 Rules for Your New Leadership Role: The Manual They Didn’t Hand You When You Made VP, Director, or Manager, (October 2012) made Amazon’s Top 10 in Management & Leadership and is hailed as the essential pocket guide for leaders.
What We Do
IdeaShape brings distinctive capabilities to all our services:
- Intensive focus on helping highly-capable people achieve more, with greater fulfillment.
- Extensive business experience, including coaching and consulting with leading corporations and entrepreneurial organizations.
- Foundation in leadership, coaching, and organizational theory and practice.
- Expert interpretation and innovative use of Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® and other personality theories and assessments.
- Support for making the most of everything you are — unique gifts, deepest values, highest aims — to accomplish your goals.
IdeaShape Silicon Valley and global clients include:
Autodesk – Cisco – Citrix – eBay / PayPal – LinkedIn – Polycom – QuinStreet – Yahoo!
Technology: Emerging / Pre-IPO / Venture-Backed
Delphix – DOMO – Engine Yard – Medallia – Platfora – Wise.io
Healthcare / Pharmaceuticals / Biotechnology / Insurance
Abbott Laboratories – Alexion – Blue Shield of CA – Genentech / Roche – GlaxoSmithKline – McKesson – Oration – Stanford Health Care – Stanford Medical School – Zoll Circulation
Financial Services and Technology
Algentis / HUB – Charles Schwab – DAVID Corporation – Financial Engines – NerdWallet – Stanford Investment Group
Professional Services and Consulting
Accenture – Aegis Group – APCO Europe – Clever Girls – Decker Communications – Extractable – Isobar
Consumer Products and Entertainment
Annapurna Pictures – AstroGaming – Attune Foods – Logitech – Premier Nutrition – Verizon
Non-profit / NGO
College Access Foundation of CA – Jewish Learning Works – Packard Foundation – Questbridge – Sacred Heart Community Services – SRI
Stanford Graduate School of Business – Stanford Human Resources – UC Berkeley Goldman School of Public Policy – University of San Francisco School of Management
IdeaShape helps you and your company start smart, shape the future, and make differences productive. We specialize in coaching executives, strengthening team effectiveness, and facilitating strategy, team building, and innovation sessions. Our clients are primarily senior teams and C-level/VP executives with emerging, mid-size and large public, private, and non-profit entities, often in health care, life sciences, and technology.
Get Pam’s monthly tips!